Friday, October 16, 2009

Clothing Lesson 7/9/09

During this lesson on prac I displayed a bundle of various clothes to the children. It was then their task to sort the clothes into the various categories for each season and dress a model.

My reflections:
The students were a little restless although Debbie says this is probably due to the change in scheldule that occured during the day. I should have included more time during the cut and paste activity as the students only got two pictures stuck on.
The students themselves seemed to really enjoy dressing up in the clothes.
As a teacher, I feel as though I am improving alot with instructions and reinforcement, however I need to find different ways of grabbing student attention. I also need to expect more from students when they answer questions. I often tend to give the answer quite quickly in order to keep the flow of the lesson continuing. Instead I need to ask 'why' students think the answer is a certain thing, and probe deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment